An applicant may request a modification of a previously approved planning application.
(a) The zoning administrator has final decisional authority, subject to appeal, on the following modifications:
(1) Modifications to any applications which were originally granted final approval by the zoning administrator.
(2) Other modifications which involve minor site improvements such as parking lots and landscaping, or which include additions to existing structures, providing that the additions will not result in an increase of more than fifty (50) percent of the floor area of the structures before the addition, or two thousand five hundred (2,500) square feet, whichever is less, and providing that the modifications will not require modification of any condition previously imposed by the Planning Commission and/or City Council.
(b) The Zoning Administrator may refer modifications to the Planning Commission in cases involving major policy decisions, substantial public controversy or unique land use characteristics, or in cases involving the following:
(1) Changes to the conditions of approval implementing environmental mitigation measures;
(2) Changes to conditions expressly imposed by the Planning Commission or City Council;
(3) Building additions exceeding fifty (50) percent of the floor area of the original building size or 2,500 square feet, whichever is greater, or
(4) Changes in density which increase the number of dwelling units or permitted residential population by more than 10%.
(c) If additional permits are requested, the modification shall be reviewed by the approval body possessing the authority for final action for the permits.
(d) A modification shall not extend the approval expiration date beyond that of the original application.