27.85.020 DAY CARE STANDARDS AND CONDITIONS OF USE.
The following standards shall apply to day care centers unless modified by a special use permit:
(a) Off-street parking facilities for day care center employees and designated loading/unloading spaces shall meet the requirements of Chapter 27.64.
(b) Any new or expanding day care center shall be located at least three hundred (300) feet from any other day care facility requiring a special use permit, except this requirement would not apply to nor be affected by centers located within a public or quasi-public facility. The 300 feet shall be measured from property lines along the street frontage, on both sides of the street, and in all directions from the property including around corners and across intersecting streets.
(c) The following standards and conditions of use shall apply in residential zones:
(1) No outdoor play equipment shall be located in required front or street-side yards.
(2) Outdoor play areas shall be enclosed with a solid, six-foot high fence along property lines abutting residential uses. Chain-link fences with slats shall not be considered a solid fence.
(3) No structural or decorative alterations are permitted that change the residential appearance of the building exterior.
(4) Nighttime security lighting shall not be directed at neighboring properties and the light source shall be shielded from view off-site.
(5) Days and hours of operation shall be limited to weekdays, between the 6:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Extended days or hours may be approved by a special use permit. These hours may be altered only through approval of a special use permit.
(6) No signage shall be permitted for day care centers in residential districts, notwithstanding the provisions of Chapter 25.20.