27.84.030 FENCES OR WALLS REQUIRED FOR COMMERCIAL OR MANUFACTURING DISTRICTS ABUTTING RESIDENTIAL DISTRICTS.
A solid wall or solid fence at least six (6) feet in height shall be constructed along or within 10 feet of the parcel line or zone boundary lines to separate manufacturing and commercial districts and/or uses from abutting residential districts as follows:
(1) Zone boundaries which coincide with rear parcel lines and which are not on a street shall be the location of the wall or fence;
(2) Zone boundaries which coincide with side parcel lines shall be the location for the wall;
(3) Zone boundaries on streets shall require the wall to be set back 10 feet from the parcel line of the nonresidential use and the area between the wall and the parcel line shall be landscaped and maintained; and
(4) Zone boundaries on an alley shall require the wall on the parcel line along the alley;
(5) This chapter shall not be deemed to set aside or reduce the requirements established for security fencing by either local, State, or Federal law; and
(6) The Zoning Administrator may permit non-solid fences and fences to be located within 15 feet of a parcel line if it is found that it improves architectural compatibility with the surrounding area, or improves security surveillance.