25.06.040 REQUIREMENTS FOR PERMIT ISSUANCE.
(a) Signs must:
(1) Preserve the building's or storefront's character.
(2) Consist of construction materials that are appropriate to the building or storefront.
(3) Consist of paint colors related to the building's appearance.
(4) Conform to the scale of and proportion of the existing building or storefront with the new sign design.
(5) Maintain the configuration of the building or storefront (i.e., do not block or cover windows, entrances, architectural features with the signage).
(6) Be as simple as possible to minimize visual clutter on the building, storefront, or streetscape.
(b) Signs may not display obscene matter.