23.72.180 PROVISIONS FOR EXISTING LANDSCAPES OVER ONE ACRE IN SIZE.
This section shall apply to all existing landscapes that were installed before the effective date of the ordinance codified in this chapter and are over one acre in size.
(a) Irrigation Audit, Irrigation Survey, and Irrigation Water Use Analysis.
(1) For landscapes that have a water meter, the local water purveyor shall administer programs that may include, but not be limited to, irrigation water use analyses, irrigation surveys, and irrigation audits to evaluate water use and provide recommendations as necessary to reduce landscape water use to a level that does not exceed the MAWA for existing landscapes. The MAWA for existing landscapes shall be calculated as: MAWA = (0.8)(ETo)(LA)(0.62).
(2) For landscapes that do not have a meter, the local water purveyor shall administer programs that may include, but need not be limited to, irrigation surveys and irrigation audits to evaluate water use and provide recommendations as necessary in order to prevent water waste.
(3) All landscape irrigation audits for existing landscapes that are greater than one acre in size shall be conducted by a certified landscape irrigation auditor.
(b) Water Waste Prevention.
(1) It is prohibited to have runoff leaving the target landscape due to low head drainage overspray, or other similar conditions where water flows onto adjacent property, non-irrigated areas, walks, roadways, parking lots, or structures.
(2) Restrictions regarding overspray and runoff may be modified if:
(i) The landscape area is adjacent to permeable surfacing and no runoff occurs; or
(ii) The adjacent non-permeable surfaces are designed and constructed to drain entirely to landscaping.