17.32.010 RESTRICTION ON EXCAVATIONS.
(a) Prohibition. Excavation in newly renovated public rights-of-way is prohibited for three years after filing of a notice of completion or acceptance of a new street or structural overlay of an entire street.
(b) Exceptions. The prohibition does not apply under the following circumstances:
(1) Emergency which endangers life or property.
(2) Relocation work that is mandated by county, state, or federal agency.
(3) Service for buildings or parcels where no other reasonable means of providing service exists, as determined by the Public Works Director.
(4) For potholing to verify utility depth or location.
(5) Other situations deemed by the Public Works Director to be in the best interest of the general public.